- I get outside. I take little breaks, a walk around the garden, finding a sunny spot to stand in. Being outdoors even for short periods of time keeps me energized.
- I change my eating habits. I eat to keep warm and feed my body to fight off any winter bugs. Colds and flu can bring down my mood very quickly. If I am eating right, I minimize my risks of getting ill as my body is fuelled to fight these baddies.
- Remain impeccable with my hygiene. This might sound silly, but how often do we quickly grab a bite to eat without washing our hands. I am extra vigilant with my hygiene this time of the year.
- Sleep, lots of it. I go to bed a little earlier and sleep in a little later. I take naps at lunch time if I feel sluggish. Cold rainy weekend days you will find me in bed either fast asleep or with a good book.
- Exercise – The dreaded winter exercise. I must admit that I do struggle with this one, but I have saved the best for last. Exercise boosts not only the mood but also the immune system. Keep the blood pumping, keep the winter blues away.
If you or anyone you know are currently experiencing Winter Blues, please reach out and speak to someone. You do not have to walk this road alone. If you have no-one to talk to then drop me a message and I will respond personally.